About us:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Fabric.com Deal of the Day

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My grand daughter in her dress.

Here are a few pictures of a dress for my grand daughter. She loves the dress and receives many compliments on it, and even a couple of custom orders for dresses.  Of course with a hem like that I had to have her twirl a little bit.  Initially she saw the fabric while I was making a top for me and she said, "mmm...I'd like a dress out of that material".  So...I pretended not to pay attention and surprised her with the dress.

The fabric is a polyester jersey, and for the life of me I can't remember wehre I bought it online and I got it a a very good price - as I recall I purchased 5 yards because I like the design of the fabric. I used a New Look pattern that is at least a few years old.  I used a size 10, but used 1/4 inch seam allowances to allow for a larger size.  Hopefully the pattern is not out of print because she likes the style and wants another dress made with a different color scheme and design.

4 comments:

Susan Fogel said...

Very cute dress. And the twirly photo made me smile.
don't you love surprising people with hand made gifts?
Please take a moment to visit my blog www.susansewsdaily.blogspot.com

LadyWhoSews said...

Thank you so much. Yes, I do love surprising people with gifts I make myself. I'm enjoying your blog, too.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Very cute! She has good taste in fabric.

LadyWhoSews said...

Thank you so much. For the life of me I can not remember where I bought (online) the fabric, or find the paperwork/receipt for it. I want more!!! Different color combinations would work real well for me!!!